Permanent Make Up (PMU)
Before and After Care
Are You The Right Candidate?
For your safety please check if you might fall into any of the below categories.
• Those under 18 years of age
• Women who are pregnant or lactating
• Individuals with Glaucoma
• Individuals taking blood thinners ( please check with your doctor first)
• Individuals with skin diseases such as Psoriasis and Eczema.
• Individuals with rashes or blistering that have not been diagnosed
• Individuals with allergies to makeup or pigments
• Individuals easily triggered by post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation
• Individuals with HIV or Hepatitis
• Individuals with skin cancer in area to be treated
• Individuals who are Hemophiliac
• Individuals taking any steroids or skin medication which can make skin over sensitive
• Individuals who are Anemic
• Individuals susceptible to Keloids
For healthy skin performance please read below instructions before your initial appointment
• Stop all acne cream treatments
• Stop taking all antibiotics 3 weeks prior to procedure
(Please consult your doctor)
• Restrain laser or chemical peel procedures
• Restrain sunburns on your face
• Restrain taking fish oil or Vitamin E
• Do NOT use Alpha Hydroxy Acids such as lactic, glycolic, citric, retinoid and tartaric acids or any over the counter creams and lotions for tone correcting, anti-aging, or exfoliating which can discolor the permanent makeup
12 Hours - 48 Hours
• Restrain Botox or Microneedling procedures
• Restrain eyebrow tinting
• Reschedule if any skin irritation, blemishes, blisters, or rashes develop on your brows
• Reschedule if you are feeling sick, having a cold or flu like symptoms, sinus/respiratory infection
• Restrain exfoliating 48 hours before procedure
• Restrain eyebrow waxing, I will groom them during the procedure
• Restrain from drinking alcoholic or caffeinated beverages
• Restrain from smoking
• Restrain taking blood thinning medications as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Niacin or Coumadin
(Please consult your doctor)
• Avoid consuming natural blood thinners as garlic, ginger, ginkgo, pineapples, turmeric, or cinnamon
• Take out contacts and remove glasses
• Restrain from strenuous exercises that might increase blood flow
• Avoid stimulants that elevate blood pressure and blood flow
For best results please read below instructions after your initial appointment
12 Hours After
• Do not shower or get brows wet.
• You may have lymph fluid build up by the time you get home. Remove it so it does not form into a thick dry crust. If you fail to remove the fluid, when it dries and falls off, it’ll take pigment with it, leaving you with less than optimal retention and results.
• Lymph fluid is a clear like substance that may slightly build up on the brow area. With slight pressure blot the area with clean tissue to absorb any excess fluid.
• Do this every few minutes until the lymph fluid stops secreting.
• Numbing cream will wear off slowly and you might feel some itching and gentle throbbing, you may take a regular strength Tylenol to alleviate the pain.
1 - 10 Days After
• In the morning, wash your face and brows gently to remove any lymph fluid with gentle foaming cleanser.
• Wash in a gentle circular motion following your natural hair growth. Rinse well with warm, not hot water.
• Pat dry with clean paper towel then allow air to also dry the brows.
• Before bedtime, wash your face again with foaming cleanser, repeat above steps.
• Wash only outside of the shower. Avoid getting eyebrows wet in the shower ( wash from neck down or utilize dry shampoo).
• Avoid strenuous activity or practicing sports; try not to sweat; salt is your worst enemy and can prematurely fade the treated area.
1 - 10 Days After
• Dry your brows completely before applying a moisturizer. Avoid application on damp skin.
• Apply a thin layer of moisturizer with a cotton Q-tip. DO NOT USE YOUR FINGERS. Try to avoid touching your treated area for 10 days. And never rub the treated area!
• Apply enough moisturizer to lightly cover each brow, don’t leave a shiny film behind.
• The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab, as this is excess pigment and or lymph fluid that is naturally exiting your skin.
• Sleeping on either side, the best is to sleep on your back. Use a clean pillowcase for the first 10 days.
14 Days After
• Avoid any harsh cleansers or cosmetic products on the treated areas. Chemicals and colorants of any kind will irritate the brows and may cause an infection or interfere with the applied pigment.
• Do not apply coverup makeup to your brows! This will suffocate the treated area, cause scabbing, and may cause infection.
• Do not touch with fingers, pick, peel or scratch off the treated area to avoid scarring or removal of the pigment. Let any scabs that develop flake and fall off naturally.
• Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This is a natural healing process for your treated skin.
21 Days After
• Restrain from steamy showers, hot sauna, steam room, hot baths or Jacuzzi.
• Restrain from any tanning and avoid UV/UVA rays
• Avoid any laser, chemical treatments, peelings or creams containing Retin-A or glycolic acid on the face.
• Keep your hair away from treated area, may want to tie back or clip bangs to avoid irritation.
• Let the scabs and flakes fall of naturally.Restrain from touching or rubbing the treated area.
1 Month After
• The entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration, skin type and age. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
• During treatment, you may lose some of the original hair strokes which make brows look lighter or uneven. This is normal. That is why you need a “Touch Up” session after 4-6 weeks.
• Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7 days post procedure. However, experience has shown that by strictly following these after care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.